Kidneys are the most vital organs of the body when it comes to maintaining the balance of fluids in the body. The excretory system is largely overseen by the kidneys, the coordination is done by the ureter and the expulsion is done by the urethra. Just the way the body is made up of numerous building materials known as cells, the kidneys are made up of numerous materials we know as nephrons. The nephrons consist of something that we know as the Bowman’s capsule.
The primary function of the Bowman’s capsule is to filter blood from the urine and facilitate the procedure of excretion. The renal artery is the primary artery that transports blood from the heart toward the kidneys.
One of the Best urologist in India who has performed a number of Kidney stone surgeries in Punjab explains:
“The main misconception that people have about the kidneys is that all the kidneys need for their maintenance is water which is why they tend to consume 8-10 liters of water a day depriving their body of the basic bodily nutrition but it is important to understand that the major causes of kidney failure are the failure of the renal artery which supplies blood to the excretory system.
PROBLEMS APART FROM KIDNEY STONES THAT HAPPEN TO KIDNEYS
- GOUT – A complex and more painful form of arthritis is what we know as “GOUT”. Gout happens when there is an accumulation of uric acid in the body and the filtration of the same becomes difficult by the kidneys the uric acid thus accumulates in the joints causing swelling and inflammation and thus opening doors to other problems as well.
- CYSTIC FIBROSIS OF KIDNEYS – cystic fibrosis of kidneys is when there is an overgrowth of the epithelial tissue in the kidneys that leads to problems like back pain in the abdomen, blood in urine, and feeling of fullness in the abdomen.
- INFLAMMATORY BOWEL – Inflammatory bowel disease is caused due to inflammation of the digestive tract that often leads to clogging of the stool, the most common symptoms of the same include bloody stools, persistent diarrhea, weight loss and fatigue.
- APPENDICITIS – The appendix is a vestigial organ that usually consists of waste material which is an extension of the large intestine that is unnecessary. One of the most popular urologist in Ludhiana explains “ renal failure is a bi-product of appendicitis which happens due to the urethral injury during the removal of the appendix which is why the problem begins to aggravate and cause pelvic inflammation, gastritis, and urinary tract infection.
- DIARRHOEA – Diarrhea is one of the major conditions that happen to the kidneys because of lack of water intake which can be either cured by the proper intake of nutrients and also the minimum amount of water for body balance.