Dr. VJs Cosmetic Surgery & Hair Transplantation Centre: A hair transplant is the best solution for patients struggling with hair loss. One treatment plan of Hair Transplant in Vizag will help you see the results which last for a lifetime. Moreover, the Hair Transplant cost on average is around Rs 40,000 which is extremely less in India as compared to any other developed nation. Many patients are concerned if they have straight or curly hair, then the treatment will vary. If you are considering the treatment but you are in doubt, whether you should get it or not, then this article will give you detailed information about the same.
Is there any difference between curly and straight hair transplant?
Well! Hair transplant is possible on both curly and straight hair. The procedure might be different for both cases. Although, the method of a hair transplant will be different for both hair types.
|Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)||Curly Hair|
|Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)||Straight Hair|
Hair transplant for curly hair
The FUT method is suitable for curly hair. During FUT, the hair strip is removed from the back of the scalp and then implanted back to the recipient area. Here are some of the benefits of getting FUT for curly hair:
- With just a single graft there is more than one viable hair follicle and it will be transplanted back to the problematic area. By doing so, the process of doing transplant is much easier.
- In this case, the hair graft requirement is less and touch-ups are not in excess which makes FUT an effective option.
- With a curly hair transplant, the hair growth is much more voluminous, and in the problematic area, the hair growth will be seen in the desired manner. That does not end there, the hair growth is natural.
- A hair transplant for curly hair does not need much time as compared to the person getting a straight hair transplant.
Hair transplant for straight hair
The FUE method is suitable for straight hair. This advanced and effective method of hair transplantation has helped the patients to see better results. During FUE, the hair follicles are extracted one by one from the back of the scalp & then transplanted to where the hair needs to be fixed. Here are some of the benefits of getting a straight hair transplant:
- If you choose to get the FUE treatment, then it is much more effective for your straight hair. Being an advanced method of hair transplant, it provides various benefits like:
- Less permanent scarring
- Heals quickly
- Extremely refined procedure
- The FUE method is categorized as minimally invasive treatment. Undergoing this treatment will take away the stress of incision and scarring.
Can I change my hair type through a hair transplant?
If I can summarize it in one word, then ‘NO’. Your wish to change your hair type from straight to curly or curly to straight will only be a DREAM. So, if your hair on the back & side of the scalp (i.e. donor area) is curly then there is no way that it will grow straight.
Leave a Reply