When one decides to undergo the hair restoration procedure, the main question which arises in the mind of every question is what is the total number of hair grafts needed to perform the hair transplant in Bengaluru. For this, there is a variation of answers from surgeon to surgeon and from website to website. If you are looking for a guide to hair grafts, then this article is surely worth-reading for you.
- What is the connotation of hair grafts?
As we all know that hair does not grow individually, rather they grow in groups of 2,3,4, and 5. The grouping of the hair follicles is come to be known as hair grafts. If we are talking about average, each person is surely having two hairs in each hair graft.
- In which procedure the hair grafts are taken into account?
The hair grafts are only used in the follicular unit extraction procedure. This procedure is deemed as the advanced and the modified version of follicular unit transplantation. This is the only stratagem in which the hair grafts are used. Using the hair grafts in this makes it less invasive.
- How should the quality of hair transplant be maintained?
The quality of the hair transplantation procedure can be maintained if the hair grafts used for the stratagem on a particular day is approximately
- 4000 in case of follicular unit transplantation (FUT)
- 2000 in case of follicular unit extraction (FUE)
- What if the surgeons or clinic coordinators are suggesting that the number of hair grafts used in the procedure is more than 4000?
If it is so, then they must not be using the term hair graft in the exact connotation or most probably they must be exaggerating the effort which is to be induced in the procedure for the ultimate survival of the hair follicles.
- How is it taken into account that what is the exact number of hair grafts that are to be used in the process?
The exact number of hair grafts that are required for the procedure depends on the below-mentioned factors:
- Before anything else, it is determined what is the degree of thinning.
- What are the areas which need the hair restoration procedure to be performed?
- Is the donor hair able to survive in the recipient zone or are they of the good and required quality?
- Which stratagem is going to be used for the treatment?
- What is the estimated hair loss which can be foreseen before the surgery?
- What is the budget of the patient?
One final word