What is a hair transplant?
Hair transplant in Punjab is the primary choice of the patients to deal with hair loss once and for all. During this surgical intervention, the hair follicles are extracted from the back of the scalp and transplanted where hair growth is extremely less. To effectively transplant the grafts the hair surgeon will choose between the 2 which includes:
In this article, we will shed light on both the options so that you can make the final decision with ease.
What is FUT?
FUT is the method through which the strip of the scalp is taken from the back and then dissected one by one.
What is FUE?
FUE is the method that involves extracting the hair follicles from the scalp back and then implanting them one by one on the problematic site.
The difference lies in both the procedure, is just the way treatment is done. The rest of the approach is the same. To make you comfortable throughout the treatment, you will be given local anesthesia.
Advantages of the FUT method
- With this approach, the larger areas of baldness are covered
- The resection rate is less (graft which is cut during removal)
This way it helps in giving you superior results and the surgeon you are going to choose will also make sure everything is done effectively.
Advantages of the FUE method
- With the FUE method, the hair follicles are extracted one by one from the back of the scalp. There are no cuts to stitches with this approach.
- You can get back to your normal working regime within a few days.
- No linear scar is made after the treatment.
Do proper consultation with the surgeon and you are going to understand better how the treatment will be the best possible option for hair loss.
After the surgery, proper instructions are needed to follow and it becomes important that you take proper care of the grafts. It is normal to experience swelling on the face and scalp.
You need to wash the hair with diluted shampoo or a mild one as suggested by the doctor. After the surgery, the transplanted grafts are going to fall out and then you will notice the new hair growth.
Who is the suitable candidate for FUT?
- If the person is having a larger area of baldness then it is covered in the one-single treatment session.
- It slightly has longer downtime, so as per your schedule you should get the treatment.
Who is the suitable candidate for FUE?
- It is the perfect choice for people with a small bald area
- People who like to keep their hair short.
- Women with fewer bald areas.
- People who don’t have enough time to take off or have important stuff to do.
Rs 20 to Rs 40
Rs 35 to Rs 100
*Keep in mind it is merely an estimation. Depending on the surgeon’s skill or the treatment they prefer will help you determine the total treatment cost.
Make sure that you only undergo the treatment after the age of 25. This is because by that time the hair loss pattern has formed and the surgeon can understand where exactly the hair grafts are needed.