When the person is suffering from any disease then the patient has to focus on the diet closely. In typhoid fever, the occurrence of Gastrointestinal discomfort is typical. So it is better for you to choose easy and light food. The typhoid foods are commonly flavorless and they are easily digestible and strengthen your immune system also.
The typhoid foods mainly comprised of:-
- Intake High-calorie food: Doctors recommend typhoid patients to eat a diet that is loaded with high-calorie and consume food items like boiled potatoes, boiled rice, white bread, and bananas. Small components of these food items will give you energy and strength.
- Consumption of Fluids and fruits with high water content: Doctors suggest typhoid patients consume a liquid diet and sufficient fresh fruit juices, lemonade, buttermilk vegetable broth, and the coconut water. Make sure you must watermelons, apricots and grapes in your meal. These liquids and fruits help you to restore the water content in the body which is depleted during typhoid fever. Moreover, it also prevents dehydration problems, which happens due to a deficiency of water in the body. If you suffer from the dehydration problem then it will also create complications in the treatment of typhoid.
- Carbohydrates rich food: You should add semi-solid food items like baked potatoes and baked eggs in your diet. As these food items help to digest easily and it is considered to be beneficial for the typhoid sufferers.
- Follow Dairy products: Doctors recommend to consume dairy products like milk, cheese, yogurt, and eggs which helps to gain sufficient protein in your body, and it also helps you to recover fast from typhoid. These foods are digested more easily than meat. If your vegetarian then should add cottage cheese, legumes, and lentils in your diet to meet the requirements of protein in your body.
Which food items should be avoided?
If you are suffering from typhoid fever then you should avoid some of the food items which are shown below:-
- Oily Foods: Doctors suggest typhoid patients avoid fried as well as oily food items like butter.
- Spices: You should avoid spices such as red chili, pepper, hot sauce, vinegar in your diet because they cause inflammation in your intestines. So it is recommended to eat light food with less salt.
- Raw Vegetables: You should avoid some raw vegetables when you are suffering from typhoids like cabbage, capsicum and the turnip. Because it causes bloating in your body.