Surgical methods have evolved with time. The focus has shifted to making the treatment better and safer. With the advent of new methods and techniques, the patient’s quality of life has improved a lot. One such method which has been a breakthrough in medical science is the laparoscopy procedure. The laparoscopy method is also termed as minimally invasive treatment.
With this approach, around 6 to 12 inches long cuts are made in the abdominal area. The best urologist in Ludhiana offers this treatment method because of the way it provides the benefits.
With the laparoscope method, there is a lean slender shaped tool that has a tiny camera attached to the tip. The camera helps the doctor to see everything. Well, there are many reasons for which this procedure can be performed. Some of the benefits which this method provide are:
- Reduced pain
- Less need for skin cutting
- Fewer complications
- Short hospital stay
- Quick post-recovery
What are the situations where it can be beneficial?
The surgeon will perform the laparoscopic treatment in different health issues and some of them are mentioned below:
- Hernia surgery
- Gynecological surgery like hysterectomies
- Gallbladder treatment
- Abdominal surgery for different conditions like:
- Rectal Prolapse
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Crohn’s disease
- Duodenal Perforation
What are the benefits of laparoscopy treatment?
There are different advantages of laparoscopy treatment. If we compare the treatment with the old-fashioned method then it has improved to a great extent. Let’s understand some of the benefits of it:
- Get back to your normal working routine
- Minimal downtime as the scar is small
- Less tissue cutting
- Short hospital stay (Hospital stay is reduced to 2 nights and recovery time is 2 to 3 weeks)
- Reduced use of pain medications
- Fewer chances of organ getting exposed to external contaminants which limits the chances of infection.
With this treatment, you will be at ease to a great extent. With the traditional surgical approach, the recovery time will take up to 4 to 6 weeks which affects the daily routine to the great extent. However, when you choose this method you will be at ease throughout the treatment. Your daily life is not affected and will be living a much easier life.
In many health issues, this procedure is considered as the diagnostic workup to diagnose the condition. Some of the possible reasons to do that are:
- Trauma patients to determine the source of bleeding
- Intestine issues and this method will help to find out the exact cause
- Checking the Abdominal pain because earlier diagnosis did not give the correct results.
- To understand the staging of the disease