Encephalitis (Brain Inflammation)
Encephalitis is the reason for infection due to bacteria or viruses, taking certain medication or the immune system is not able to function like normal. No doubt, the condition is rare but it’s important to get timely care to address the problem on time. In case you have this condition then better seek medical assistance from one of the best Neuro Hospital in Ludhiana.
What are the causes and symptoms of encephalitis?
Depending on the type you have the cause will vary and some of the known ones are:
- Viruses that can occur from HIV, Enteroviruses, herpes, and others can lead to this condition.
- There are high chances that the immune system is affected which means the brain gets affected by the healthy body cells.
- There are chances of bacteria creating a problem.
Symptoms of Encephalitis
It has physical and neurological symptoms like:
- Joint Pain
- Muscle Weakness
- Stiff Neck
- Light sensitivity
- Memory issues
In case you notice any of these symptoms then better consult the Neurologist in Ludhiana at the earliest.
What is the method of diagnosing encephalitis?
Well! Different steps are taken to diagnose brain infection and it can include the following:
- Neurological exam through which brain function is analyzed
- Imaging test & lab tests are done which helps to check the encephalitis
- Physical Examination is done to check what all symptoms are there
What are the tests required for encephalitis?
Through testing, the doctor can check the symptoms, severity, and type. Depending on all these further things are done. The list of tests which are performed includes:
- Blood tests
- Imaging tests like MRI, MEG test, & CT Scan
What are the treatment options for encephalitis?
The type which you have will make that difference in giving the treatment to you. The possible treatment options are:
- Antibiotics which helps to address bacterial infections
- Antiviral medications for viral infections
- Steroids address the swelling & brain pressure
- IV fluid which helps in hydration
- Breathing assistance
- Antiseizure medications are given to help with seizures
- Tube feeding helps the body to get all sorts of nutrients when you are not in your conscious state.
When will I be able to notice the difference?
It’s all about starting the treatment on time and making sure to go at a pace. Bear in mind, it does take time for healing. If there are any therapies or lifestyle changes suggested then better follow the same.
Is it possible to prevent encephalitis?
The most important factor is to get all the vaccines on time and this way the problem will be prevented.
It’s seen that in some cases the severity of symptoms can get less as the individual gets the rehabilitation therapies. The individual is in a better state to do things the right way.
How is life after getting Encephalitis?
It’s possible that the impact it left on your brain is different as compared to others and it’s possible recovery takes time. Apart from that, there are symptoms like:
- Balance and coordination issues
- Mood swings and other behavior changes
- Memory issues
- Difficulty concentrating
- Speech and language problems
- Changes in personality, such as being quick to anger
- Hearing loss