According to the famous ortho doctors practising in the famous orthopaedic hospital in Punjab, “ The patients who are suffering from either the nerve-related or the joint pains, can make their condition better by switching to the active lifestyle (whose features will be guided by the doctors).” If any kind of orthopaedic problem is let to get progressed then there are quintessentially high chances that it may get extended to the spine. If it will not be treated even when it is getting progressed, then the patient may have to undergo spine surgery in Ludhiana.
What according to the ortho doctors is the importance of drug therapy?
The patients bothered with bone-related problems are usually suggested to undergo physical therapy and exercise, but if drug therapy is combined with that, then it will be like icing on the cake. The combination of the drug therapy will be be suggested in the following cases:
- Bone fractures
- Degeneration of the knees
- Torn or worn-out ligaments
- Degenerated spine and the hips
- Paget’s diseases
- Rheumatoid arthritis
The patient should know that it is not only the drug therapy that is responsible for treating the pain. The drug therapies are responsible for making the patient so strengthful that it becomes really easy to get back to the normal lifestyle.
List of the medications which are used in the drug therapies
Following is the list of the certain kinds of drugs which are used to heal the pain in the bones and the nerves:
- NSAIDs (Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
- Acetaminophen & Antidepressants
- Anticonvulsants & Corticosteroids
- Muscle relaxants & Osteoporosis treatment
- Opioid pain relievers & Viscosupplementation
Commonly used drugs
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are one of the most common kinds of drugs that are majorly used by patients. The doctors rely on this drug the most that no matter whether it is mild, moderate or intense sharp pain, the adjustment of the particular kind of drug can make the patient relieved from the particular condition.
Common OTC medications are
Which precautions should the patient consider as far as the intake of NSAIDs is concerned?
- Patients who are suffering from gastrointestinal pain, dyspepsia and hemorrhagic ulcers should not consume these pain relievers without consulting the doctors.
- The patient must have some anti-allergy medications available as prolonged use of NSAIDs sometimes lead to allergic reactions.
This is just a trailer of the information of what we have to offer in the context of the drug therapies used for orthopaedic treatments. Apart from NSAIDs, there are so many other kinds of medications that can be taken into account by the patients to get rehabilitated from the various orthopaedic conditions.