The general skilled migration (SkillSelect) program replaced the Australian Skilled worker visa from 2012 to 2013. With this visa type, there are different subclasses and all of them are based on points. The applicant from the General Skilled migration should have at least 60 points. If you are not sure about what to do then get in touch with our experienced team of migration agents in Brisbane.
Australia Skilled visa
The Australian skilled visa includes SC 190 Skilled Nominated Visa and SC 189 Skilled Independent Visa which allows the skilled workers to work and live as Australian permanent residents. Well, the applicants from all over the world are choosing Australia to make their career as it gives them a number of options that are safe and secure.
The Department of Home Affairs published the top source countries where SC 189 Visa and SC 190 Visa migrants come from during the 2018-19 period.
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) was granted to the applicants who are from India, New Zealand, Philippines, China, UK, and Pakistan. But in this regard, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, UK, Philippines, and China have a higher refusal rate in comparison to other countries.
SC 190 visa
The top countries where applicants were granted SC 190 in the 2018-19 period include India, UK, the Philippines, China, and Pakistan. The SC 190 visa was granted to around 6000 Indian citizens. But, there has been the highest refusal rate also which is followed by Nepal, Nigeria, China, Pakistan, and Iran.
How to apply for the skilled migration?
- First of all, the applicant needs to meet all the visa and nomination criteria. Get in touch with the migration agents and they will let you know about the entire process in detail.
- After that comes the EOI (Expression of Interest) through SkillSelect. You need to choose SA and your state nominated visa Subclass 190 or 491.
- With the immigration department, you can apply for the state nomination. You will be told what all requirements you need to fulfill.
- Make sure to keep track of your nomination application all the time.
- The applicants which are approved are nominated through Skillselect and the Department of Home Affairs invites you to apply within 60 days.
- Once you arrive you can settle yourself and start a new journey.
If you are planning to apply for the visa then make sure to get in touch with the migration agents. Their understanding of the visa and how the entire process needs to be carried out is exceptional. For more information, book your consultation with the migration consultants.