What are the different steps included in Liposuction surgery in Visakhapatnam?
When you undergo the liposuction surgery in Vizag, there are many steps performed by the surgeon which includes:
Step 1: Anesthesia
Before the procedure, you are given anaesthesia. This means medications are administered which makes you stay comfortable during the treatment. The choices include intravenous sedation, general anaesthesia, and local anaesthesia. According to your condition, the surgeon will suggest the ideal choice.
Step 2: Making Incision
Liposuction treatment is performed with a small incision. First of all, diluted local anesthesia in the specific body part which reduces bleeding and trauma. After that, a thin hollow tube or cannula is inserted with the incision which helps to loosen the excess fast with back and forth motion. The fat which is extracted is taken out from the body with a surgical vacuum or syringe attached with a cannula.
Step 3: Seeing the results
With the liposuction procedure, the body contour is improved. You will be able to see the results once the swelling comes down and fluid retention which is experienced following liposuction.
What can I expect from liposuction recovery?
During the recovery, you need to wear a compression garment or elastic bandage which can cover the treatment area once the procedure is completed successfully. The swelling is reduced and it compresses the skin to your new body shape.
Additionally, small drains are placed in the body in the incision which is beneath the skin and this takes away the excess fluid or blood. Your surgeon will give you specific instructions will include:
- You will be instructed to take care of the surgical sites and drains.
- You will be prescribed medications that make the healing better and reduces the chances of infection.
- You will be told how to take care of the surgical site along with general health.
- You will be told when you need to visit the surgeon for a follow-up check-up.
Ask your surgeon some specific questions
- Where will I be taken after my surgery is complete?
- What medication will I be given or prescribed after surgery?
- Will I have bandages following surgery?
- Are stitches removed? When?
- How long will I wear the compression garment?
- When do I return for follow-up care?
- When can I resume normal activity and exercise?
It can take around months for the swelling to reduce completely. Once this time is gone, you will see the desired results, and your self-confidence will improve.
What results can you expect from liposuction?
The results of liposuction treatment will last for a long time, but you need to keep your body weight stable. You must follow a fitness regime. Swelling and fluid retention is experienced after liposuction.