So, you are looking for a new smartphone. You might have dropped the phone or just want a new phone. But, you are getting confused about which one you should get as there are various options available in the market. To make things easy for you we have mentioned the quick guide for you to choose the smartphone.
Selecting the Operating system
Understand the difference between the operating system
– iPhone is known for its security, ease of use, and clean integration with different Apple products.
– Android is linked with Google services and allows customization as well as available at a low cost.
Consider the price factor
– iPhones are available at an expensive price range in comparison to Android. Apple and Samsung are the most expensive whereas HTC and Motorola are available at a low price.
– When you buy the phone there is a 2-year billing plan for the carrier and there is plenty if you cancel it early.
Check the features which you need
There are a few basic features which are on all systems like email, maps, and web browsing.
– iPhone has features like FaceTime chat, iCloudsupport, and fingerprint scanning.
– Android allows customization with home screen widgets and also allows third party installation. Also, the Android phone has fingerprint sensors and google drive for storing the documents.
Determine the apps you need to use
Some of the applications are on all systems like MS Office and Google Maps, however, some of them which are found on the respective platform include Google Now, Facetime, and iMessage.
– In case the competitor’s operating system is not offered then it is possible that alternate app exists which provide similar functionality.
– The apps you purchase are lined with the store account. The purchases can be transferred as long as the same operating system is used.
Selecting the Smartphone Model
Choose the phone service and data plan
There are different prepaid monthly service options available like texts, phone minutes, and data. If you want to cut the monthly costs of the smartphone then do not get the data plan. This means you won’t be able to access the Internet if not Wifi.
Select the screen size
Screen size is measured diagonally and it is your preference what you need. Small screens are a bit expensive.
– In the iPhone for the compact phone, there is a ‘SE’ series and for a large screen, there is ‘Plus’ series.
– In Android phones, there are various sizes which means you have plenty of options.
Determining the Storage Space
Phone Storage means at one time how many files can be stored and price should be considered before choosing the phone model.
Well, it is your preference which option you need to buy. For low priced options, Android is the best and more custom option iPhone is an ideal choice.