Hair Transplant procedure does not merely include the task of transplanting the hair, it is a procedure that includes your meetings with the hair transplant surgeons in which you are asked various questions about the medical issues & complications, the examination of hair loss.
● First Session of Hair Transplant Consultation
It is very important to book your sessions with a surgeon or doctor before having the date of the hair transplantation procedure. In those sessions, you will have a chance to discuss the questions regarding transplantation procedure, before-care and after-care.
● Examination of your medical history
As we research the search engine platforms regarding which doctor or clinic to choose to go through the process of hair transplantation, we see various clinics are offering free consultation. This free consultation is not a consultation with the surgeon or doctor, it is merely with the sales representative who will pitch you till he has achieved the target of manipulating you to get the procedure done from that particular clinic or doctor only. So it is highly suggestive to avoid such kinds of free offers of consultation.
A trained medical professional will assess each detail like:
- Was the patient taking any prescribed medicines in the past?
- Was he taking up any steroids?
- Is he used to the consumption of alcohol?
- Does he smoke?
- Does he have any family history of baldness?
- Assessment of your Hair loss
It is the majorly important part of the consultation with a doctor who is going to carry out the surgical procedure of hair transplantation. A trained and professional doctor will definitely assess your loss and its basic details like:
- The density of your hair
- Number of hair grafts to be implanted
Based on the assessment of your hair loss, a doctor will decide which hair procedure should be carried out.
- What are the questions that struck in the mind of the people who are going to have the surgery?
Several questions occur in the mind of people who are the victims of hair loss, so it is very important to ask the mandatory questions. It is always good to clear out all the doubts before taking up the procedure otherwise one may not be able to participate in the surgery with a happy mind. Stress has always remained a factor that aggravates the intensity of the situation that could lead to bad results.
One must get to know the answers to the following questions:
- Are there any side effects?
- Will the result of the hair transplantation process surely be positive?
- Will there be any discomfort in the post-surgery period?
Hair transplantation is a process in which active participation of both the doctor and the patient is required in a very mature & sensitive form.